- Term 1: 29 January* (school teachers start) to 29 March
- Term 2: 17 April (Tuesday) to 29 June
- Term 3: 17 July (Tuesday) to 21 September
- Term 4: 8 October to 21 December
* The first day of Term 1 is a student-free day in all government schools to allow for appropriate planning to take place for the arrival of students.
Each year government schools are provided with four student-free days for professional development, school planning and administration, curriculum development, and student assessment and reporting purposes.
The remaining three student-free days are determined by each individual school. Please check the calendar for our upcoming student-free days.